[Hidden-tech] US Census Survey of Business Owners

Charles D. Lappen charles at sohorganizer.com
Thu Jun 5 20:56:47 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Today I received a notice from the Census Bureau that I've been "selected to
participate in the 2012 Survey of Business Owners and Self-Employed Persons
(SBO).

In big bold letters it says that it is MANDATORY to participate and goes on
to state that Title 13, USC, Sections 131 & 224 requires my response.

According to Section 224, I can be fined up to $500 if I don't participate
and up to $10,000 if I falsify information.

I'm not willing to provide the Census Bureau financial information about
myself. The IRS already has all of it.

Has anyone else ever received one of these?

Has anyone "failed" to participate and what happened, if anything?

Thanks,

Charles

Helping those who LOVE their work, but HATE their paperwork.

Charles D. Lappen, M.Ed.
The SOHOrganizer
Small Office / Home Office
Administrative Support Services

Office:   413-624-5507                    1 Gilbert Drive
Cell:        617-797-7646                    Colrain, MA 01340
Fax:           413-726-6821