[Hidden-tech] outcomes management and data visualization

Glenn Johnson mrglenn2u at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:35:22 EST 2014

Hello Hidden Tech Friends,

First of all many thanks for the wonderful responses to my dreams of
changing the mental health system. What a great community.

I'm currently helping the Pioneer Valley Community Organizations Active in
Disasters (COAD) to prepare for a conference that's coming up in March. We
are having difficulty getting a key note speaker. One possible candidate is
Patrice Keegan, Executive Director for Boston Cares. While researching and
writing a dossier about Patrice, I learned that she is looking for a
software solution that includes both outcomes management and data
visualization.

Figured I'd post on here and see if anyone had any ideas. The text from the
blog post I found this on is below, in case that helps give the appropriate
amount of context.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Best,

Glenn

Given my current preoccupation with both outcomes
management<http://deborahelizabethfinn.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/what-i-learned-from-robert-penna/>and
data
visualization<http://deborahelizabethfinn.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/the-weave-data-visualization-platform-how-to-get-a-free-training-and-a-free-account/>for
mission-based
organizations <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission-based_organization>,
perhaps it's not a surprise that I'm daydreaming about integrating
applications that were designed for these two tasks.

This daydream was inspired by a recent conversation with Patrice
Keegan<http://www.bostoncares.org/staff>,
executive director of Boston Cares <http://www.bostoncares.org/> (a HandsOn
Network <http://www.handsonnetwork.org/> affiliate).  She is keenly
interested in both outcomes and data visualization, and she leads a
nonprofit of modest size that collaborates not only with many local
partners but also with a national network of sister organizations that
facilitate short-term volunteering<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteerism>.
In other words, Boston Cares provides a gateway to volunteerism for
individuals, corporations, and community-based nonprofits, and then shares
best practices with its counterparts across the United States.

--
--------
Click here <http://youtu.be/qgjs0Z_mUdg> to watch my YouTube video about