[Hidden-tech] Access static website using older iPad?

Loran Diehl Saito ldsaito at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 17:15:44 EST 2014

I’m putting up an art exhibit at the Forbes library which includes a website with links to audio files. When I showed this piece before, I used a borrowed iPad for the online portion, but that was in a gallery that had a consistent Internet connection and I didn’t have to worry about it logging itself out after a short period.

I have another borrowed iPad for this show—this one is older and running iOS 5. I thought I would try to save a local copy of the page to the iPad, but I can’t figure out how to do that. I thought maybe a download and file management app for iPad would help, but the ones available are all for newer iOS.

Is what I’m trying to do even possible? Does anyone have any good alternative ideas? Or even ideas for a place where I could cheaply borrow a different system that would allow me to navigate a local site?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this,

Loran