[Hidden-tech] Audacity expert?

Annamarie Pluhar annamarie at pluharconsulting.com
Tue Feb 25 09:53:00 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm using Audacity and having to learn sound editing as I go. It's an
adventure. I ran into an issue and don't even know how to define it to
find answers on Google. Maybe someone on this list can steer me right?

I've learned that I can export labeled sections of a longer piece.
Basically I just want to break it into two so that I can upload to my
site, since the file is too big as one piece. (It's a teleconference
class, I'm making the recording available to participants.) I've done
this a few times with no problems.

When I did this to the most current file, the first part would only
export 10k. The second part was 10 Megs or so - the actual second half
of the file. I can't figure out what's wrong. I tried several different
methods. There's something in the file?

Would be happy to be sent to a good set of tutorials etc.
Thanks for help.

Annamarie Pluhar

Pluhar Consulting
http://www.pluharconsulting.com