[Hidden-tech] Common Media is hiring a Sysadmin/Devops Engineer

Noah Smith noah.smith at commonmediainc.com
Tue Feb 11 16:25:56 EST 2014

Common Media is looking for a systems administrator to join our team and
establish a devops role in support of our twelve web developers and
consultants. This new position's regular assignments will include assisting
with managing cloud servers and storage, implementing and managing
continuous integration testing processes, auditing and optimizing server
and application performance, automating release procedures and maintaining
server architectures for Common Media's projects and clients.

The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of related experience and would be
energetic, practical, possess good infrastructure architecture experience,
and be current with the recent developments in cloud, hosting, build/test
automation, and efficiency tools. They would be enthusiastic about process
improvement, automation, and optimizing team performance through knowledge
sharing. This role requires critical thinking, innovative problem-solving
skills, a high attention to detail, the ability to manage projects
independently and the ability to research and implement new tools and
processes.

Common Media is fundamentally a technology-agnostic development agency,
meaning we pick the best tools for the job at hand, but the majority of our
work is with Drupal and Ruby on Rails on a LAMP/LAMR stack. Secondary
technologies include Wordpress, Nginx, Django and a small amount of
ASP.NETon IIS. We're looking for someone who has a range of skills
across most of
our technology space, and who is capable of learning to configure analogous
components in different stacks when necessary.
Required/Desired Experience and Skills:

   -

   Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
   -

   Ability to code and script
   -

   Ability to re-engineer and/or optimize sub-optimal processes
   -

   Extensive experience with systems and IT operations
   -

   Comfort with with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
   -

   Strong grasp of automation tools
   -

   Deep understanding of core server principles and components
   -

   Data management skills
   -

   An interest in learning and growing personally and professionally
   -

   Ability to contribute positively in a team environment

Compensation commensurate with experience, plus benefits including health
insurance and matching 401k plan. Please submit a resumé, cover letter, and
salary requirements to jobs at commonmediainc.com. This is a full-time on-site
position in Hadley MA; no part-time or remote applicants, please.

--
Noah W. Smith, Managing Partner
*Common Media *| 84 Russell St, Hadley MA | desk: 413-259-6777 | cell: