[Hidden-tech] Tweet tool

H D hailu.d at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:36:47 EST 2014

Hey,

We at Free Press have been tossing around the idea of a tweet tool.
Something along the lines of a number of tweets pre targted at
congressional members using their offices twitter handles, or standalone
advocacy tweets.

A user is presented with these tweet(s) and can click on one or a button to
send it via their twitter account.

I forked battleforthenet's tweet tool (
https://github.com/hdyami/battleforthenet-widget), which i basically
described above for May 15 Net Neutrality actions for our website.

I am now weighing the pro's and cons of porting what i have, with a few
more bells and whistles to an actionkit templateset.  Whether embeddible in
a page, or as a standalone widget.

I'm also thinking about adding it as a very portable widget to our drupal
site.  Or just something hosted on our S3 account/

I'm not 100% satisfied with anything i've come up with as a 'killer app'
solution.

I'm wondering if anyone else has built something similar?  And if so, i'd
love to hear about your experiences.

Also, is there something out there that i dont know about?  It's always
good to make sure you arent recreating the wheel.

Hailu Dyami
Web Developer at www.freepress.net