[Hidden-tech] 'SEO Marketing sales pitches': scams or what?

Tim Boudreau niftiness at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 20:50:22 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Bram Moreinis <bram at gamefacewebdesign.com>
wrote:

> So, my short answer:  Black Hat SEO works fine, and is worth the money if
> you need to go that route.

Search engines will penalize that behavior, resulting in an endless cycle
of spending your money just to stay where you are.  I.e. you pay someone to
spam blog comments and such across the web with links to your site.

Google catches on and downranks your site.  So now you need to pay more to
get your ranking back.  Google catches on and ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_penalty

IMO, the best way to win this game is not to play.  Reasonable meta tags
are trivial for anyone to do and are 90% of what any ethical SEO player is
going to do for you.

-Tim