[Hidden-tech] Tech Foundry teacher and student recruitment

Josh Finkel joshfinkel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 12:34:28 EDT 2014

Hello,

Tech Foundry <http://www.thetechfoundry.org/> needs your help! We are a new
nonprofit in the valley aiming to train high school students to enter the
IT workforce upon graduation. We need help finding teachers and students.

*Teachers* - We are looking for four talented teachers to develop our
curriculum and implement it through the summer. The learning will be
entirely project-based and will involve assignments that are being
developed with our corporate partners. These positions will pay $30/hr,
involve an estimated 30 hours before the summer and then four full days per
week from July 7th to August 15th. If you are interested, please send cover
letters and resumes to Natalie Sacco at jobs at thetechfoundry.org. The cover
letter should briefly describe which technologies you have experience using
in or out of the classroom.

*Students* (graduating summer 2015) - We are looking for a class of
ambitious, passionate, and excited youth to enroll in Tech Foundry as our
inaugural class. This is a unique opportunity that will allow students to
discover how exciting and fun a career in IT can be. It is also an
opportunity for a student to find a well-paid position right out of high
school that is the first step in a fast progressing career track where
their employer will help them attend college. If you know a student who
likes to solve problems, who enjoys being challenged, and who would be
excited about an opportunity to grow professionally, please share this
amazing opportunity with them.

Attached you will find a flyer to promote the recruitment of students.
Please help us by distributing this flyer to as many people as possible so
that we can make this pilot successful and ensure the long term success of
Tech Foundry. The application deadline is May 1st.

*Open House* - We will be hosting an open house for Tech Foundry on
Wednesday, April 23rd at 5:30. It is open to students, teachers, volunteers
and anyone else interested in learning more about the program. We hope to
see you there on the 9th floor of 1391 Main Street, Springfield.

Thank you for your help and support in making this happen. We look forward
to sharing our success stories with you soon.

Best,

Josh Finkel
Executive Director
Tech Foundry