[Hidden-tech] Event 9/27 update: James Kitchen and Evan Plotkin to speak at Creative Placemaking and Tactical Urbanism Symposium

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 20:34:58 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

We have some wonderful additional speakers such as James Kitchen, and his
sponsor, Even Plotkin, speaking about their project to erect a 35' tall
bird sculpture in downtown Springfield, at One Financial Plaza. We also
have a company talking about it's collaboration to build a translucent free
standing shelter for a farmers market near Boston.

In addition, the venue itself is fascinating, The Massachusetts Green High
Performance Computing Center in Holyoke. This is a high speed data
processing facility, newly built in Holyoke as a collaborative of five
universities; Harvard, MIT, BU, Northeastern, and Umass, to do large scale
data processing for research for these universities. It sits between two
canals. the processors are water powered, and water cooled. The building
itself is beautifully designed.

We will also be having a brainstorming session at lunch to identify future
collaborative public art and design projects.

To Register, and for more information:

Event Title:
Landscape Architecture, Tactical Urbanism, Public Art, Popup Parks: The
Power of Design to Transform Our Neighborhoods, hosted by Design Venturers
Western Mass

To register for the event:
http://designventurerswm.eventbrite.com/
You can find a schedule and list of speakers there.

The Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/546271855437943/

I'd love it if you would like the DVWM facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/642668199101126

Here is the event on the DVWM meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/events/106560942/
All the Best,