[Hidden-tech] JOB: Front End Web Developer

Steve Angel steve at communicatehealth.com
Fri Sep 13 09:22:27 EDT 2013

Job Posting: Front End Web Developer
(Full-time position in Northampton, MA)

This Is Us
CommunicateHealth, Inc. is a health education and communication firm specializing in improving health literacy through user-centered design, policy, research, and content development. At CommunicateHealth, we believe people deserve clear information about their health. This doesn't mean using short words and lots of pictures - it means making sure the information and services our clients provide can be accessed, understood, and used by the people who need them most. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com<http://www.communicatehealth.com>.

Responsibilities
We are looking for someone with genuine enthusiasm for the presentation layer and the ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job. She or he will be responsible for:

  *   Ground-up front-end template implementation for new client projects
  *   Refinements and new-feature additions to existing client projects
  *   Working closely with our team of designers on in-house deliverables
  *   Communicating recommendations and requirements clearly, both with non-technical clients and with technical partners

Required Skills and Qualifications

·      BA in computer science or related field

·      Ability to write consistent, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS

·      Ability to create efficient and maintainable features with jQuery

·      Ability to consider edge cases and thoroughly test your own code

·      Experience implementing responsive templates

·      Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (for PSD to HTML conversion)

·      Strong knowledge of at least one major CMS (e.g. WordPress or Drupal)

·      Ability to translate client needs into specific requirements

·      Familiarity with federal laws and regulations governing accessibility and technical compliance requirements

·      Working knowledge of search engine optimization strategies

·      Attention to detail and production schedules

·      Excellent communication skills

·      Ability to work independently

Preferred Skills and Qualifications

·      Experience with Microsoft web environments including .net

·      Familiarity with usability standards and best practices

·      Experience with the process of user-centered design

·      Experience developing digital products for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills

·      Familiarity with public health, health education, and health communication fields

Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and 2 code samples with short description of each sample to jobs at communicatehealth.com<mailto:jobs at communicatehealth.com> by September 27, 2013.

We offer highly competitive salaries and benefits based on experience.

CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.

As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/<http://www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/>. No personnel selections are made based on this information.

Posted September 13, 2013
[http://communicatehealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/CH-logo-signature.png]<http://www.communicatehealth.com/>
Steve Angel
Office Manager