[Hidden-tech] Event 9-27-13: Landscape Architecture, Tactical Urbanism, Public Art, Popup Parks - hosted by DVWM

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:15:31 EDT 2013

Hello All,
Please join us for Landscape Architecture, Tactical Urbanism, Public Art,
Popup Parks: The Power of Design to Transform Our Neighborhoods: hosted by
Design Venturers Western Mass

When: Friday, September 27, 2013, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Where: The Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center
Cabot Street, Holyoke, MA

To RSVP, and for more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/events/106560942/

Landscape Architecture, Tactical Urbanism, Public Art, Popup Parks: The
Power of Design to Transform Our Neighborhoods
We will be hosting a symposium on Landscape Architecture, Design, Art,
Sculpture in Public Outdoor Spaces, Popup Parks and Tactical Urbanism, and
Sustainable Landscape Design.
We have a wonderful array of speakers (which we are adding to):
• We will have City Planner, Jessica Allan, City Planner for Easthampton,
speaking on Tactical Urbanism, and Popup Parks.
• Lisa DiPiano, of Mobile Design Lab will be presenting on "Participatory
Design: The Art of Organized Chaos"
• Marcos Mareiro, City Planner for Holyoke, and Jeff Bianchine, Creative
Economy Coordinator for Holyoke, will be speaking on their revitalization
goals for the city.
• Lisa Hoag will do a presentation on the High Line in New York City and
it's success in helping to transform the Lower West Side neighborhood (the
former meat packing district), into a new and emergent district for
galleries and the arts.
• Rich Stewart, a talented designer, and colleague from New York will be
presenting on how to create virtual representations of environmental
designs in Photoshop, as well as integrating photovoltaic structures into
landscape designs, and some successful urban revitalization projects in New
York that could be used as models elsewhere.
If you are interested in presenting on any of these topics for the event,
please feel free to contact me through the meetup. Please stay tuned as we
provide updates to the event, and flesh out our schedule.

All the Best,

Lisa

--
Lisa Hoag Designs