[Hidden-tech] Municipal Broadband in Northampton

Seth Fischer seth at woodpelletprice.com
Fri Nov 29 13:08:24 EST 2013

Hello All,

I am interested in promoting the idea of Municipal (offered) Broadband in
Northampton. Comcast is simply too expensive and low speed for the citizens
and businesses in Northampton. I believe Municipal Broadband would help the
residents, as well as make the City more appealing to businesses.

I believe Northampton is an idea location, as such as large percent of the
population is within 1 mile of downtown.

I have spoken with a City Councillor who expressed significant interest in
(at least) exploring the idea.

Does anyone know any of the issues related to a Municipal Broadband
initiative?

Thanks,

Seth Fischer