[Hidden-tech] Accountant / Financial Planning / LLC Formation & Non-Profit Status

Sarah Meikle application at indogswetrust.org
Fri Nov 1 17:46:49 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone.  I am in the midst of setting up an LLC and a non-profit at
the moment and could really use some assistance and advice.   Once they are
set up, I will also need periodic bookkeeping assistance on a small scale,
but ongoing basis (once or twice a month for a day?  Not sure exactly...).

Does anyone know of anyone who might be able to help me with all of the
above?   The LLC is my new Service Dog Training company and the non-profit
will be geared towards providing service dogs to those in need that can not
afford them.

My most urgent decision is whether to register my LLC in MA or Deleware.
 MA is so much more expensive than everywhere else!  However, I don't know
if operating in MA as a "foreign" business will involve any expenses, or if
Delaware is worth doing solely for their extensive LLC laws.  I literally
and keeping clients at bay at the moment though, as I need this finalised
in order to set up insurance and begin practicing, so, as I mentioned, I am
keen to move extremely quickly on this.  I am happy to use LegalZoom.com to
do this all myself, however, I feel like I would like to just double check
on what is the best approach with someone who knows MA laws/fees well.

Then, I must begin the process of setting up the separate non-profit
entity, after which I need to file for 501c status.  Basically, I need the
LLC up and going immediately.. like yesterday :) ... then would like to
plan what the following processes will cost and how much time they will
take.   I am preparing a series of grant applications and have extensive
budgeting that I have taken as far as I can.  Assuming the grants get
approved, I will also be getting going with a few small investments from
private parties and I would really like to just have a steady person in
charge of all book keeping and taxes for both entities.  It won't be a huge
account at first, but will be steady reliable work.  Any ideas?

Thanks for all your time.  Check out InDogsWeTrust.org for more info.  Its
still a work in progress at the moment, but I am excited to begin, as
clients are flooding in faster than I ever expected.

All the best to all

Gratefully
Sarah Meikle