[Hidden-tech] Weird screen display issue with Dell E1505 Inspiron

Gyepi SAM gyepi-hidden-tec at praxis-sw.com
Fri May 3 14:35:28 EDT 2013

I ruled out the screen or a cable problem because Gary also said:

> 3. When I am using my computer unplugged or docked with a monitor plugged in everything is fine.

Given that the problem only manifests itself when the machine is plugged into
the mains and works fine on battery, it seemed pretty clear to me that the
inverter is the most likely culprit. However, upon reflection, I would also
suspect the cable between the external power jack and the inverter since the
machine works when docked.

Of course, this is all diagnosis at a distance based on unverified information
so it's worth every penny I charged for it ;)

-Gyepi