[Hidden-tech] JOB - Front-End Developer

Steve Angel steve at communicatehealth.com
Thu Mar 14 13:30:41 EDT 2013

Job Posting: Web Designer/Front-end Developer

CommunicateHealth, Inc. is looking for a web designer/front end developer to join our innovative team. We are a health communication firm specializing in health literacy and user-centered design.

You’ll be working closely with our design team, formative research team, and health writers to create innovative health literacy tools.

Required Qualifications:

•    BA in design, digital media, computer science or related field

•    Minimum 3-5 years professional experience

•    Experience in website design and maintenance, including but not limited to wireframes, visual design mockups, and front-end development
•    Experience designing interactive tools and websites with HTML5, Javascript, CSS3
•    Solid understanding of responsive design techniques across desktop, tablet and mobile
•    Passion for creating a great user experience
•    Interest in public health and improving health literacy

•    Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite

•    Excellent communication skills

•    Strong attention to detail

Preferred:
•    Knowledge of Section 508 accessibility requirements, cross-browser compatibility, and web standards

•    Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices

•    Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills

•    Experience working with writers, editors, researchers, and designers
•    Familiarity with server side technologies and back-end frameworks

•    Experience with user-centered design process

•    Familiarity with public health, health education, and health communication fields

Perks:

•    Health, dental, and life insurance

•    Vacation time

•    Professional development

•    Competitive salaries

•    Weekly “creative time” for internal projects and team building

Please send cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio (or 5 samples of your work) to designer at communicatehealth.com<mailto:designer at communicatehealth.com>.

This position will be based in our office in Northampton, Massachusetts or Rockville, Maryland.  Willing to consider both full time and part time candidates.

Posted March 12, 2013

[http://usability.communicatehealth.com/CH-Logo-Icon.png]<http://www.communicatehealth.com/>
Steve Angel
Office Manager