[Hidden-tech] Comcast Alternatives? Grrrrrr~! *&$@%^^%$

Mathew Jacobson mat at 4d4s.org
Tue Mar 12 12:51:12 EDT 2013

Comcast is making me psychotic.

This morning my son and I were watching as a Comcast truck pulled up in front of our house. He asked me about the light and the cherry picker and what it was doing. I figured it was installing some service or another at a neighbor. Turns out it was disconnecting my Internet service.

Turns out they have detected "leakage" that they have traced to my line and they say that they disconnected it so I would call them and they could set a time to come fix it. The earliest time being Thursday. They are not however willing to call my boss, my staff or any government agencies to explain why I can't work until then.

Shutting the line down is sure an effective way of getting me to call, but so would have been ringing the bell. Or just waving to us looking out the window. Or a phone call...

Are there any alternatives?  Verizon can only give me 1.5 dsl

Mat,  Susan, and Foster
43 Pondview Dr
Amherst, MA 01002
413-230-3282