[Hidden-tech] Event 6-26-13: Photography: Learn About Base Camp Photo in Greenfield: Community Photography in Action

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:52:37 EDT 2013

Hello All,
Join us for "Photography: Learn About Base Camp Photo in Greenfield:
Community Photography in Action"

When: Thursday, June 26th, 2013, 6:30 PM
Where: Basecamp Photo
22 Riddell Street, Greenfield, MA

To RSVP, and for more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/events/122692452/

Here's a chance to check out Base Camp Photo in Greenfield (read more
about Basecamp below) founded and run by Beth Reynolds.

Beth was one of the four panelists at the opening plenary session at
the recent Creative Economy Summit 4 in Turners Falls. She will be
talking about:
"...transforming a space, the idea of creating a creative space and
why, what we do at base camp  - I have a kitchen - we can have snacks
and drinks.
There will be a small hands on project, making botanical prints - sun
prints (something fun and summery!)"

If you have ideas for what other things we could do or talk about,
feel free to tell us.

We'd love to see you there :)

Best,

Beth, Lisa and Casey (Your Friendly Event Organizers :)

About Basecamp:
A bit about Basecamp from their site (http://www.basecampphoto.com/about/):
Base camp photo teaches, mentors and coaches youth and adults in a
wide range of photography skills and projects. We also offer
professional photographic services using the power of pictures to help
tell the story of your wedding, family, company, special events and
more.

Community is also important at base camp photo. We nurture the
community of photographers and their talents by providing them a place
to gather and share their work and experiences; by organizing events,
gallery viewings, and field trips; and by offering services unique to
the area, including fully equipped studio rentals. We are also about
giving back to the community, connecting students to non-profits and
others who need but cannot afford professional photographic services
to tell and promote their story.

We offer a holistic approach to photography that includes classes,
workshops, lectures, a studio and a gallery. We want base camp photo
to be the place where photographic enthusiasts come for education,
exploration, and inspiration.

--
Lisa Hoag Designs
PO Box 983