[Hidden-tech] Captioning for videos

Jes Appleby jesappleby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:47:36 EDT 2013

Greetings,

I am working on a short video presentation that requires captioning. It is
being edited in iMovie.

I have used the 'title' feature in iMovie before to caption very short
clips, but I find that it's really tedious/twitchy.

I like the captioning features on YouTube but I won't have Internet access
when the video is being played. I've looked into other video editing
programs just for captioning but have hit a wall so far because it 1) has
to be cheap/free 2) available for Mac OS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jes Appleby
jesappleby at gmail.com