[Hidden-tech] Senior Web Developer

Mindy Gruba mindy at communicatehealth.com
Tue Jul 23 15:39:31 EDT 2013

Senior Web Developer
(Full-time and part-time positions in Northampton, MA and Rockville, MD)

This Is Us
CommunicateHealth, Inc. is a health education and communication firm specializing in improving health literacy through user-centered design, policy, research, and content development. At CommunicateHealth, we believe people deserve clear information about their health. This doesn't mean using short words and lots of pictures - it means making sure the information and services our clients provide can be accessed, understood, and used by the people who need them most. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com<http://www.communicatehealth.com>.

Responsibilities
The senior web developer will take the lead on many projects as our primary technical staff member. She or he will be responsible for:

  *   Developing innovative, reusable, and interactive web-based tools, mobile apps, and consumer websites
  *   Leading and coordinating web and application development projects throughout the project lifecycle
  *   Consulting and providing guidance on outside development projects for clients from federal and state government agencies as well as private national companies and non-profits
  *   Working closely with our team of designers on in-house deliverables
  *   Communicating recommendations and requirements clearly, both with non-technical clients and with technical partners
  *   Determining appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and making relevant recommendations to clients and project managers

Required Qualifications

·      BA in computer science or related field

·      Minimum 10 years professional experience

·      Intimate knowledge of ASP and strong knowledge of at least one other server-side technology (Ruby/RoR, PHP, Python/Django, etc.)

·      Experience with Microsoft web environments including .net

·      Strong front-end development skills (HTML5, CSS3, Javascript/jQuery, etc.)

·      Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (for PSD to HTML conversion)

·      Strong knowledge of at least one major CMS (WordPress, Drupal, Mojo Portal, etc.)

·      Ability to translate client needs into specific requirements

·      Familiarity with federal laws and regulations governing accessibility and technical compliance requirements

·      Experience developing cross-platform mobile applications

·      Ability to evaluate software and hardware needs for clients and make clear recommendations

·      Working knowledge of search engine optimization strategies

·      Excellent communication skills

·      Strong attention to detail

·      Ability to work independently

Preferred Qualifications

·      Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices

·      Experience working with government clients

·      Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills

·      Experience working with writers, editors, and web designers

·      Experience with the process of user-centered design

·      Familiarity with public health, health education, and health communication fields

Please send cover letter, resume, and 5 code samples (3 back-end, 2 front-end) with short description of each sample to jobs at communicatehealth.com<mailto:jobs at communicatehealth.com> by August 9th, 2013.

We are considering both full- and part-time positions. We offer highly competitive salaries and benefits based on position.

CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.

As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/<http://www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/>. No personnel selections are made based on this information.