[Hidden-tech] T-Mobile reception in Northampton

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Tue Jul 16 08:21:46 EDT 2013

I've been using T-mobile since it was known as "VoiceStream", and live just
past the Ryan Rd school in Florence. Yes signal was spotty, as was most of
the rest of them at that time. Since the "tower" got assembled on the 221
pine st chimney, service has been reasonable.

The caveat here is no cell phone "network" uses all their own towers. Many
towers / sites are privately owned by individuals. Others are shared by
various networks. A few networks might be called "virtual" as they own
nothing.

There must be differences in the fees charged by the sites, as your simm
card stores the info about which sites to use.

Whenever I have changed the T-mobile plan I have always asked them to not
change the site list in the simm card, as service is spotty where I live. I
have zero proof that this has actually worked, but service has gotten
better over the years.

Jim Ussailis

Original email: