[Hidden-tech] Getting health insurance as a freelancer

Peter Jaros peter.a.jaros at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:12:18 EST 2013

Hey, everyone.

I'm a software developer, and about a year ago I went freelance. Now
I'm looking for health insurance. I've been on COBRA, and it runs out
soon.

I've looked at mahealthconnector.org, but I wasn't too happy with what
I saw: all of the plans offered are HMOs, save one high-deductible
PPO. For my situation, I would strongly prefer a PPO, and not a
high-deductible plan.

What other options exist? My impression was that Massachusetts was
supposed to have a broad single-payer market thanks to Romney, but
that's not what I'm seeing. Are the good plans hidden somewhere?

Is there a broker I could work with? Perhaps a way to get a business
plan for a small business with two employees?

Thanks,
Peter

--
Sounds: http://www.welikethisnow.com/