[Hidden-tech] MBP & external display Poor Resolution

David Bennett dbennett823 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:22:34 EST 2013

This has been driving me crazy for a few weeks since I purchased a new laptop.  Perhaps someone here could help me out.

My older laptop (2007 MBP) hooked up to an HDTV looks crystal clear.

My new MBP 15" hooked up to 22" Toshiba 1080p HDTV via a Belkin HDMI to MiniDisplay (also tried the Moshi one, thinking it was a bad cable possibly) looks slightly grainy with poor resolution.  I've tried all different resolutions and changing picture settings on the TV, but can't get it to look nearly as clear as my old MBP with a HDMI to DVI.  I basically can't even use the new laptop with the display for a few minutes without it bothering my eyes.

Has anyone heard of this issue before, or recomend any other possible items to troubleshoot?

Dave Bennett
dbennett823 at gmail.com