[Hidden-tech] HP Printer looking for new home

Lynne Rudié lynnerudie at verizon.net
Tue Jan 8 16:22:13 EST 2013

Hi Hidden-Techies
	I have an HP 4V/4MV black-and-white laser printer that is no longer compatible with my operating system (mac-snow leopard). It was working perfectly with an ethernet cable to my laptop running Leopard. HP stopped making drivers for it a while ago but I have non-HP print drivers that have worked really well (except, alas, not on snow leopard). It would probably run on a PC but I've actually never owned a PC so I don't really know for sure.
	This is an old friend that I give up reluctantly but I've decided I have a better use for the counter space.

	I've had this printer for a little more than 15 years, it has always worked and in all that time never needed any service. Really never.
	I have two paper cartridges, one for 8.5x11 and one for 11x17.
	It will take oversized paper (11x17 with a bleed and crop marks) in the hand fed slot (I used to get it specially cut by a friend in a print shop). But note that the hand-feeding option is a little iffy now because the rollers are a bit worn and it tends to jam. (Paper from either of the paper trays doesn't jam, just the hand feed.) If you wanted to replace the intake rollers I'm sure it would hand-feed easily.
	There is a toner cartridge in it and I have another unused (full) cartridge to go with it.

	I don't want any money for the printer itself, but a little money for the toner cartridge would be nice (it cost about $75 when I bought it). This is on a come-and-get-it basis--in Turners Falls. Contact me off-list with questions or to come check it out.
	Thanks!
	Lynne

Lynne Rudié
Graphic Design