[Hidden-tech] JOB: Game Programmer Wanted

Craig D. Miller cmiller at srri.umass.edu
Tue Feb 26 17:13:29 EST 2013

  Game Programmer Wanted

A Javascript/Actionscript Game Programmer (Departmental Assistant) is
needed to join our development team for short term, on-site work in our
game lab at the Scientific Reasoning Research Institute (SRRI), UMass
Amherst.

The programmer will work with our small team to refine our 4 small games
written with Flashbuilder, creating several new games (probably in
Javascript) to our design, and integrating them into the DataGames
<http://www.srri.umass.edu/datagames> web application. We are developing
these games as part of a grant from the National Science Foundation, and
will be testing them this year in local schools.

Must be able to demonstration proficiency with either (1) FlashBuilder
and Actionscript programming for event driven programs that include
animation, sound effects, data exchange with external applications, and
game logic, and/or, (2) Javascript/CSS/HTML/JQuery/Rafael programming
for event driven programs that include animation, sound effects, data
exchange with external applications, and game logic. Must be able to
work with software designers, researchers, student programmers,
understand the needs of educational software development. Requires BA
Computer Science or equivalent experience.

Salary: $20-30/hour commensurate with qualifications and experience.

To apply, please visit the Employment Office at 167 Whitmore
Administration Building to fill out an application or call (413)
545-1396 to have an application mailed to you and reference R30468 by
March 15, 2013

/The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are
encouraged to apply./