[Hidden-tech] Verizon: the only game in town?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Dec 5 15:46:01 EST 2013

After much Googling, it appears that for analog phone service (POTS) in
Western Mass, Verizon is the *only* option?  Does anyone know if ANY of the
CLECs in Mass offer analog phone service (POTS)?  Or do they only offer
services like DSL or VOIP or PBX services?

Googling gets me pages for services like Lingo which offer Digital Phone
services for as little as $10/month, but need existing broadband internet
serice.  The only other option is Verizon at $60+ per month.

I know there *used* to be alternitive providers -- have they all gone away at
this point?

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com