[Hidden-tech] IT services tax - social media

Don Lesser dlesser at ptraining.com
Mon Aug 12 12:46:46 EDT 2013

Or me, either. Stephen Kulik's response is measured and reasonable. We have
already received one Tax Exemption certificate (from Amherst College) so
these are having an impact.

Despite the many colorful terms I could use, this remains a total mess. So
we'll either under or over collect for 3 months until they hold the hearings
they should have held BEFORE the tax and make their decisions. Then, what do
we do about refunding overpayments (and getting them back from the DOR) or
making underpayments? On $10,000 in billings, this amounts to $625. How much
work will it take to get the money back from the state and figure out who is
owed $20???

Don Lesser
Pioneer Training, Inc.
139B Damon Road, Ste 8