[Hidden-tech] Mdaemon and Outlook

Don Lesser dlesser at ptraining.com
Wed Apr 17 15:09:49 EDT 2013

I have a client who uses mdaemon as a mail server and Outlook 2010 as a mail
client. One user has started getting errors whenever he downloads his mail.
The error code is 0x8004210E  which switches to 0x8004210A and identifies
"another mail client has locked your mailbox." We have gone through a series
of tests that I won't bother to spell out in detail here, but we cannot
track it down. We cannot find any undelivered emails in mdaemon. We created
an entirely new profile in Outlook with an empty pst file and got the same
error. They do forward all their e-mail to gmail accounts from the server.

If you are familiar with mdaemon and its connection to Outlook, contact me
off-list and I will put you in contact with the client.

Don Lesser

Pioneer Training, Inc.

139B Damon Road, Ste 8

Northampton, MA 01060