[Hidden-tech] Authorize.net CIM integration question

William Loving will at dedicationtechnologies.com
Mon Apr 15 10:44:15 EDT 2013

I'm in the process of adding credit card submission via Authorize.net to an existing database system (FileMaker based) using and XML string and URL-Post to submit it.  I have charge submission functionality working correctly but now I'm looking at using CIM - Customer Information Manager, Authorize.net's system for storing Customer payment information with the card processor so that the end user is not keeping the card information.

My question:

Is there a way to create a Customer Profile at the same time as submitting a transaction, so that a Customer Profile ID is returned with the authCaptureTransaction. Another gateway I've worked with has that capability but it seems that for Authorize.net I have to first do a <createCustomerProfileRequest> transaction and then do a separate <createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest> transaction.

Thanks,

Will

--

William M. Loving