[Hidden-tech] UMass Family Business Center now has a new member level: Solopreneur

Ira Bryck bryck at cpe.umass.edu
Tue Apr 9 15:26:58 EDT 2013

UMass Family Business Center now has a new member level: Solopreneur – for companies that have no employees (except you)- which are like 78% of all U.S. Companies.

That is a good percentage of Hidden Tech companies, too.

See more about Solopreneur membership at http://www.umass.edu/fambiz/membership/FormsOfMembership.html

If YOU would like to take a closer look at what the UMass Family Business Center can do for you, come as my guest to one of our upcoming dinner forums, and see if it could be a useful resource and community.

In a couple of weeks, at our Wednesday, April 24th dinner forum, come hear John Engels, expert in relationship management in business, on how to help you and others you deal with be more mature, less entitled, more responsible, less helpless, more satisfied, less anxious, and more!

See a short clip of John Engels, here: http://www.umass.edu/fambiz/calendar/JohnEngelsApr2013.html

PLUS: Ross and Rick Giombetti will show you how to increase the odds that the person you hire will perform and behave as you expected he/she would at the interview!

(just because you don't presently have employees doesn't mean you won't hire, or need to be an excellent interviewer and forecaster of who to hire)

Please take a couple of minutes to let me know if you're coming, if friends from other local businesses would like to come, as your guests.

Note: this event is a bit LONGER than usual- it begins at 4:30 and goes till 9pm. I aim for all our speakers to be wonderful, but John Engels has so much goods to deliver, we're giving him some extra time.

PLEASE take a moment to reply!! Thanks!

Ira Bryck
UMass Family Business Center
100 Venture Way
Hadley, MA 01035

http://umassfbc.com
413 545 4545

PLEASE NOTE: my UMass email is now bryck at cpe.umass.edu (also,  Ira at UMassFBC.com and Ira at IraBryck.com end up in that same mailbox)

How to help people in your company or family become more mature, less entitled, more responsible, less helpless, more satisfied, less anxious, and so on… http://www.umass.edu/fambiz/calendar/JohnEngelsApr2013.html

Excellent podcasts that will make you a better person (or at least smarter)
http://www.umass.edu/fambiz/resources/podcasts.html