[Hidden-tech] square space vs wordpress

Ann Brauer ann at annbrauer.com
Tue Apr 2 17:10:21 EDT 2013

Oh you folks are so very very helpful. Yes Tom I know I can still continue to use iWeb but I worry about its compatibility with all the new mobile devices so I am at least considering changing. Squarespace will let me upload images that are 1500 pixels wide and then size them for the device and the site in the website. And while I do love the ease of iWeb I think I could do better. Also I want to add a shop to my site. And yes, I will do it myself. I like the challenge and change my website frequently so I want to know the potential. However, I am not wild about learning code.

I did find this interesting analysis of the difference between the two. http://www.bigpictureweb.com/blog/2010/6/7/squarespace-vs-wordpress-both-sides-of-the-story.html

And for the other side: http://business.lavitaebellablog.com/2013/01/why-we-switch-from-squarespace-to-wordpress/

Of course I still welcome insights as I try to figure it out.

Thanks.

Ann Brauer
6 Bridge Street
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370