[Hidden-tech] Mac G4 seems to have a short, need a keyboard & tech support

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:41:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

My G4 has rendered 2 keyboards defunct recently. They start by going
semi-functional, then go dead altogether. A colleague has suggested I have
a short going on. So, I want to drag my files off that computer onto my
external hard drive or my Mac Pro but need a functioning (but possibly
expendable) keyboard to do the transfer. Does someone have a spare
keyboard? I think it can be a PC one, doesn't need to be a Mac one.

Also, I need some troubleshooting to actually figure out what's up with the
computer, because there are reasons I still need to work on it. I've got a
call into one computer repair shop, and wonder if anyone can suggest anyone
else who could come to me in Hatfield hopefully tomorrow, to give me an
assessment. If necessary, I'll transport the G4 elsewhere. Problem is, I
have files on there that I need toward a few deadlines.

If you have a USB keyboard I could borrow or buy inexpensively by tonight,
please call my cell, as I need to leave the house now. (413) 588-7371. I
can travel within 1/2 hour of Hatfield and will be in Florence from 5:30-7.

Thanks everyone,
Deb