[Hidden-tech] Commonwealth Citizens Connect - free event

wendy foxmyn wfoxmyn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:02:51 EDT 2012

The City of Boston is proud to announce that a new program, Commonwealth
Citizens Connect, is now accepting applications from Massachusetts
municipalities.  The Community Innovation Challenge (CIC) grant program
provided funding for the City of Boston to expand its successful Citizens
Connect program to 30 additional communities.

What is the purpose of the program?

The launch of Citizens Connect in the City of Boston in 2009 enabled
greater accountability and transparency, and residents have lauded it as a
tool for civic engagement.  This program gives residents an easy tool to
report issues directly to the municipal employees that can address the
issue, and provides tools for municipal employees to track progress on
these issues as they are resolved.  (
http://www.cityofboston.gov/doit/apps/citizensconnect.asp)  Through the
Patrick-Murray Administration's CIC program, we are now able to share our
work with other communities across the Commonwealth!

What will participants receive?

Participants in the program will receive the following at no cost for 3
years:

 *   A mobile app that your residents can use to report non-emergency
service requests such as potholes, graffiti, street light outages, etc.
 *   A web-based work order management (WOM) system that municipal
employees can use to access those service requests.  The basic WOM system
enables municipal employees to assign tickets, make notes, close tickets
and communicate with residents.  (If you already use a WOM, such as
CityWorks, GovQA or Cartograph, the CCC WOM vendor can most likely provide
an integration with that system, which will enable the service requests
submitted by your residents to be automatically entered into your existing
WOM system.)

After the 3rd year, participants are under no obligation to continue the
program, but the City of Boston has negotiated a special rate with the WOM
vendor for those municipalities that do wish to continue.

This is a friendly reminder to RSVP.  We want to ensure that we have enough
room for everyone in-person and on-line to participate in these sessions.
We have been very excited and encouraged by the interest from
municipalities across the state, and we sincerely wish to accommodate
everyone that is even a little bit curious about how this project can
benefit Commonwealth residents and municipal staff.

Springfield
Monday, November 5, 2012
2:30PM
Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
60 Congress Street
Springfield, MA 01104

free off-street parking

Please join the meeting, by clicking on this link:
http://go.teamviewer.com/v7/m91466323
Conference line: (213) 493-0434, 20283

--
Wendy Foxmyn