[Hidden-tech] selling digital media files online

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Tue May 15 17:05:08 EDT 2012

What services do you advise looking at for selling digital files PDFs,
Excel & Word documents, zip files (not e-books).

I'm considering a straight Paypal solution
<https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/digital_goods>
or some extension for Joomla
<http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/paid-downloads>. I'm
looking for the easiest most reliable solution since I am only going to
sell a handful of documents/files for now (so I don't need a full
$30/month shopping cart) and I am not an ultra-savvy web designer - just
someone who has learned Joomla, Wordpress as needed
(www.swampdancer.com). As Swampdancer Resources I do not currently
subscribe to a shopping cart like Shopify or  Volusion
(http://store.BucklandMassHistory.org), which I DO run for the
historical society. Google Cart integration looks too complicated for me
to code into Joomla right now.

Thanks.

Stacy Kontrabecki