[Hidden-tech] Verizon HomeFusion broadband

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Tue May 8 19:30:51 EDT 2012

Verizon has just announced a broadband service using their 4G LTE
cellular network.

This might be of some interest to some folk who currently cannot get
broadband Internet service in the Pioneer Valley.  Verizon's coverage
map shows 4G LTE in much of the area around Northampton, Holyoke and
Amherst, as well as along I90 East of I91.

Unfortunately for those of us in the Berkshires, Verizon has no 4G LTE
service West of Westfield, at least as of now.

Speeds are expected to be better than DSL, but the service will be much
more expensive.  Some details are at:

http://www.techspot.com/news/48500-verizon-announces-homefusion-residential-lte-service.html

or http://tinyurl.com/88pt3ys

Jan Werner