[Hidden-tech] Senior Web Developer (full and part time positions)

Steve Angel steve at communicatehealth.com
Fri Mar 9 12:43:46 EST 2012

CommunicateHealth, Inc. is a health education and communication firm specializing in improving health literacy on the Web. At CommunicateHealth, we believe people deserve clear information about their health. This doesn’t mean using little words and lots of pictures. It means making sure the information and services our clients provide can be accessed, understood, and used by the people who need it most. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.

Responsibilities:

The senior web developer would take the lead on many projects as our primary technical staff member. She or he would be responsible for:

Developing innovative, reusable and interactive web-based tools, mobile apps, and consumer websites
Consulting and providing guidance on outside development projects for clients from federal and state government as well as private national companies and non-profits
Working closely with our team of designers on in-house deliverables
Communicating recommendations and requirements clearly, both with non-technical clients and with technical partners
Determining appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients and project managers
More as the position grows!
Required:

·      BA in computer science or related field

·      Minimum 5 years professional experience

·      Intimate knowledge of ASP and strong knowledge of at least one other server-side technology (Ruby/RoR, PHP, Python/Django, etc.).

·      Experience with Microsoft web environments including .net

·      Strong front-end development skills (HTML5, CSS3, Javascript/jQuery, etc.)

·      Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (for PSD -> HTML conversion)

·      Strong knowledge of at least one major CMS (WordPress, Drupal, Mojo Portal, etc.)

·      Working knowledge of federal section 508 guidelines

·      Experience developing cross-platform mobile applications

·      Excellent communication skills

·      Strong attention to detail

·      Ability to work independently as the only developer working remotely on a non-technical team based in Massachusetts.

Preferred:

·      Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices

·      Experience working with government clients

·      Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills

·      Experience working with writers, editors, and web designers

·      Familiarity with entire web site development lifecycle and documentation

·      Experience with user-centered design process

·      Familiarity with public health, health education, and health communication fields

Please send cover letter, resume and 5 code samples (3 back-end, 2 front-end) with short description of each sample to jobs at communicatehealth.com.

We are a health communication firm specializing in health literacy and user-centered design. We offer highly competitive salaries.

The web developer will work remotely and telecommute.  We are considering both full and part time positions.

Posted March, 2012