[Hidden-tech] Great 1830s brick house for office and/or home rental

Rob Laporte rob at 2disc.com
Tue Jun 26 22:21:16 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I mentioned this place back in March, but the owner decided to spend some
months spiffing it up as a personal hobby in his semi-retirement. Now it¹s
available, and it¹s really worth a look.

I¹m just doing the good landlord a favor by posting this notice here. You
would contact him directly: Greg Mish, 413-584-0088. It¹s available pretty
much any time now, but no rush. Here are some specs:

* 1830 brick house at 123 Bay Rd, Hadley.
* Not sure of square footage, but I¹d say over 2200.
* 4 upstairs rooms, one large with its own bathroom.
* 1.5 other bathrooms, one full upstairs (bath and shower), one half
downstairs (toilet, sink, laundry)
* Big living room with amazing tall shallow Rumford fireplace, and plenty of
wood to harvest nearby for free. I heated the whole downstairs with that
wood and fireplace in even the coldest days‹Rumford shed tons of heat. (I
have a couple of seasoned cords there for a fair price if you want).
* Two other fireplaces, one working upstairs, one downstairs that apparently
needs a liner or something but then would be perfectly situated for a wood
stove.
* Full basement and Attic
* Plenty of parking: accommodates three of your cars plus room for
guest/client cars.
* Zoned for full business yet residential neighborhood. Is covered by
commercial insurance by landlord.
* 10 minute walk to bus line on rt 9. About equal distance from the 5
colleges.
* cable and dsl available; directtv dish and box set-up.
* beautiful large back yard leading to long, medieval looking field with a
clean river for cooling off (but not laps)
* newly painted, brand new energy saving windows upstairs, and classic
12-point windows downstairs.
* Was $1300/month including electricity, but I¹m pretty sure he¹s asking a
little more now that he¹s improved it. But he¹s into lower rent to get a
good, long-term tenent.
* Month to month (no leaase), and I know he¹s not going to sell it for
years.
* While it is zoned for full business, I¹m sure the land lord would not have
a retail store operation here. Would he be OK with, say, a law office or
insurance agency, for example? Not sure; it all depends on the amount of
foot traffic. It¹s perfect for a small consulting firm, with or without
renters living there. It was one of my two office spaces for years.
(Apparently the big bedroom was film maker Ken Burns¹ first studio while he
was at Hampshire College.)

If interested, contact Greg Mish, 413-584-0088 (no email that I know of).

Best Regards,

Rob Laporte
President and CEO
DISC, Inc. - "Making Web Sites Make Money"
413-584-6500
Fax ­ 413-584-3330
Rob at 2disc.com
www.2disc.com

Note: Increasingly, ISPs, companies and individuals use spam blocking
systems that block legitimate email too. Important emails should be followed
up with a phone call if no reply happens within an expected span of time.