[Hidden-tech] ipad email question

Lynne Rudié lynnerudie at verizon.net
Tue Jul 10 12:14:44 EDT 2012

Hi Hidden Techies! I'm having a problem with verizon email on my ipad2
and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever heard of and/or solved this
problem. I'm using the mac mail program to receive mail from my
verizon dsl account and all messages come in on my computer, my iphone
and my ipad (not ideal but also not the problem of the day).
	There are a few problematical emails that come in as "junk" on my
computer and I delete them with no problem. The problem messages all
have a return address which is info @ a series of 9 numbers (different
ones every time) dot something I've never heard of (also different
every time).
	When the same messages come in on my iphone I am able to delete them
there too. But when I touch them in any way on my ipad (either to try
to open them or to designate them as trash or just by mistake) they
jam the mail program on the ipad and I have to power down and reboot.
Everything else on the ipad continues to work normally but I can't do
anything on mail without powering down and restarting.
	I can delete any and all other messages. If I just don't touch these
problem messages then mail continues to work normally.
	I would put this in the category of a nuisance, albeit a large one,
because if I don't touch those messages everything works. I just don't
understand why these messages are causing a problem on the ipad but
not on the iphone or computer. I'm also afraid it might be an
indicator of something I can't see either going on or waiting to
happen. Should I worry about it or just work around it?

	I tried changing my passwords for the ipad, for email and my apple
password. I just tried restoring all original settings on the ipad and
the problem messages persist. I've tried going into my verizon account
on the verizon website and designating the messages as spam, but since
the sending address is a little different every time, new ones crop
up. I don't know what else to try and will be grateful to hear any
suggestions from this amazing and wonderful community.
	Thanks for your help!
	Lynne

Lynne Rudié
Graphic Design