[Hidden-tech] Event 2-23-12: Color Trends Slam: A color trends roundtable discussion

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:04:35 EST 2012

Calling Designers, Architects, Artists of All Stripes,
Come join us! Bring your swatches.
We're hosting a Color Trends Roundtable Discussion. You can RSVP here:
http://www.meetup.com/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/events/49999172/

The Details:
We will be having a discussion about color trends. A friend and I and
I recently went on a color trends pilgrimage on Newbury Street, in
Boston, and the very upscale Natick Mall. We gathered some catalogs,
flyers, took some photographs, and got a sense of what the spring
colors will be. The results were fascinating.

We would like everyone, from their different design disciplines to
bring some ideas about what they think some future color and design
trends will be. Bring some swatches, or photographs, mag clippings.
videos? to illustrate your idea. We will throw all the swatches on the
big table and see what we get.

Color Trends: Color Nazis or Collective Unconscious?
As many designers know, color trends are forecast for as many as ten
years ahead. We find this to be an interesting aspect of this
discussion. Do color trends limit designers, or help them. Are color
trends a recent phenomenon, or has this been the case since the
distant past? Can colors be read historically as reflective of social
milieus?  Across design fields, such as interior design vs fashion
palettes?

Color Trends Across Different Design Fields:
Do color trends vary or differ according to the differing needs of
different design fields? Industrial design, interior design,
photography, graphic design, architecture?

We welcome input from members:
If anyone has ideas that they would like to contribute to how to
present on this topic, we would welcome input and participation in
planning the event. Please post your ideas on this meetup page, or
direct message me through the meetup.

Snack Pot Luck:
We welcome your chips and dip and other tasty bits to add to the mix.
Art talk goes better with snacks. Yum!

Directions to MRW Connected Offices inside Eastworks:
Park in the large parking lot. go into the entrance that has the movie
marquee over it. Immediately on your left, there is an elevator. Go to
the third floor. Step 15 feet beyond the elevator, look for the door
on the right that says MRW Connected on it (opposite the Eastworks
management office).

We will be meeting from 6:30 - 8:00. Come at 6:00pm for schmooze time.

Cheers :)

Lisa
--
Lisa Hoag Designs