[Hidden-tech] Event 4-25-12: "Art, Design in the Built Environment" hosted by #DVMA

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:21:26 EDT 2012

Please come join us for our next Design Venturers Western Mass event:
"Art and Design in the Built Environment: A Round Table Discussion"

When: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:30 PM
Where: Artist Neal Parks Studio @ Eastworks
116 Pleasant Street, Suite
Easthampton, MA 01027

To RSVP, and for more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/events/55810242/

This will be a round table conversation around how to build
collaborations across design disciplines, with a specific focus on
arts collaborations in the built environment. There will be
presentations by two DVWM members; artist Neal Parks, and artist Frank
Gregory about their experiences of large scale installations of
artwork in public built environments. Anyone who has experience to
share in this area (large or small) is most welcome to bring some
photographs, or other 7-10 minute presentation of their project or
work. Please come and bring your ideas, questions, past project
experiences, knowledge, design concepts, and philosophy to this
discussion.

Design Venturers is a cross disciplinary meetup group for artists,
designers, architects, interior designers, photographers, and other
members of the visual design community. Our goal is to share knowledge
across design disciplines, and provide out of the box thinking about
how to create a high level of design.

Though the focus of this meetup is Art and Design in the Built
Environment, as always, we desire that members of all design
disciplines attend, and offer their unique perspective.
Cross-pollination, and cross-inspiration is a big part of why we are
doing Design Venturers ;)

All the Best,

Lisa

--