[Hidden-tech] what uses electricity when it is plugged in?

Matt Lampiasi mattl at florenceit.net
Fri Sep 23 12:18:53 EDT 2011

Hi

You really have to get a Kill-a-watt as others have said. But one thing
I can add to this discussion is that if the device has a physical ,
clickable /switchable / toggle type switch (lamps for example, or a
switch that makes a click), then it probably uses no power when off.

I have everything switchable on power strips with a physical switch.
Some things just need to stay on (cordless phones, etc).

Matt