[Hidden-tech] Webcam for Mac G4 desktop using Tiger OS

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:56:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

Well, I have called around and can't find this item. I need it ASAP, to make
an urgent call to a friend oversees using Skype.

Does anyone have a webcam for use with Skype that is compatible with my G4
running OS 10.4.11? Skype does have compatible software which I have
downloaded, and now I just need the webcam.

Places I've already called and struck out:
Apple Store at the Holyoke Mall
Best Buy
RadioShack
Left Click (Jessie is kindly going to look into a special order for me)
YES Computers (left a VM, haven't heard back)
Big Lots
Ocean State Job Lot
College Pro (phone busy so far)
WalMart (yuck)

Next layer will be to consider shopping online, if anyone has brands and/or
sites to suggest. (Have I mentioned that I really dislike shopping online?!)

I am headed to Boston within the hour. If anyone has something that will
work, that also has all the necessary cords, drivers and an owners manual,
for <$15-20. please call my cell phone, at (413) 588-7371. Free is great,
too!  If you're en route between Williamsburg and Boston via the Mass Pike,
I would love to consider swinging by today.

Otherwise, please just send me an email and I'll get it tonight.

I can't see spending more money on a webcam UNLESS it would also be
compatible with an upgraded Mac (which will hopefully happen soon)

Thanks, everyone. Hope you're enjoying the holiday!

Deb