[Hidden-tech] Flash Game UI developer needed

Shannon Mardis smardis at hitpointstudios.com
Tue Oct 11 13:34:31 EDT 2011

Hey HT'ers!

Looking for your help getting some talent in the door at my company. If you
or anyone you know has Flash dev experience, please don't hesitate to
contact me. I've included a brief description about us and what we're
looking for. Thanks in advance for reading, and I look foward to hearing
from you.

Many happy returns,

Shannon

HitPoint is an award-winning game development company located in Hatfield.
Specializing in a wide range of cutting-edge game development genres and
platforms including: social, mobile and download, HitPoint has ongoing
development partnerships with many major publishers including Microsoft,
BigFish Games, Glu Mobile and WildTangent and has developed major
brand gamecampaigns for mass market brands including Coke, McDonalds,
Axe Body Spray
and many others.

HitPoint is actively developing its first original *secret* title and is in
search of a talented UI engineer to join our development team and help bring
our vision to market.

We are looking for an engineer to specialize in development of an
ActionScript 3.0-based user interface.  We are particularly interested in
candidates that are able to work on-site, in our offices in Hatfield, MA
either part-time or full-time.

This is a contract position that may be upgraded to a full-time position
after a 60-day trial period.

Education: Minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer
Engineering.

Experience:
- User interface development in Flash.
- Team based software development experience.
- Experience successfully developing and shipping a product
- Game development/prototype experience.

Essential Skills:
- High proficiency in Flash/FlashBuilder/Actionscript 3.0 development.
- Web-Development skills including Javascript, HTML/HTML5

Nice to Have Skills:
- Unity development experience or comparable 3d engine development
experience.
- C++, C#, Java or similar  modern, object oriented programming languages.
- Proficiency with working with MySQL or other databases.
- Familiarity working with Java-based web-services and tools: Tomcat,
Hibernate,Spring, Maven, etc...

Attitude
- We’re looking for hard workers who are competent, creative and know how to
have fun.

Please Provide:
- an up-to-date resume
- A portfolio of projects you have worked on/shipped (preferably games & UI)
- Code Samples
- Relevant References

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to contact me at this email address,
via my cell (below), or call the studio at (413) 349-4110.

--
Shannon Mardis, Executive Administrator

smardis at hitpointstudios.com
413.349.4110 | 413.313.6617