[Hidden-tech] RIP, Steve Jobs

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Wed Oct 5 21:26:14 EDT 2011

Apple's board of directors wrote:

    We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today (weds Oct 5, 2011

    Steve's brilliance, passion, and energy were the source of countless innovations that
    enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

    His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them
    and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

In 1976, I was a novice engineer and member of the (in)famous Homebrew Club (we met at
Stanford the SLAC),
and my wife (Sharon) worked at the Byte Shop in Palo Alto where one of her
responsibilities was to take
orders for the 'new' Apple I -- and then go to Steve's garage and pick up those that were
ordered to
deliver to the other computer stores in the Bay area.

It's been a long and interesting ride, Steve, we and the world will miss you.

For more details of his life -- there are many articles like these online:
http://www.macworld.com/article/162763/2011/10/remembering_steve_jobs_the_man_who_saved_apple.html
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/us/obit-steve-jobs/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

--
Rich Roth