[Hidden-tech] Part Time Event Planning Position

Jennifer Turner jenturn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:49:09 EDT 2011

Hi Hidden-Techers!

We are actively recruiting for a part-time event planner for our Annual
Conference - see job description below. If you know of someone who might be
a good fit, please contact me outside of the list!

 *About NACCE*

At the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE),
we believe economic vitality is created through entrepreneurship. We believe
community colleges have an excellent opportunity to help create this
vitality in their communities.

NACCE was founded in 2002. Our inaugural conference was held in 2003 and
we’ve held annual national conferences each year since. NACCE became a
membership organization in early 2006.

As a membership association, NACCE helps community colleges nationwide link
their traditional role of workforce development with entrepreneurial
development. The result is innovative programs and courses that advance
economic growth and prosperity in the communities served by the colleges.

*Position Description and Job Duties*
The Annual Conference Coordinator is responsible for the management of
NACCE’s annual conference from start to finish including:

·         Strategy and planning
·         Site selection and negotiation for amenities and accommodations
·         Marketing for conference with assistance from the Director of
Marketing
·         Assist ED with agenda for conference
·         Conference Registration System

 Tracking all registrations
 Ensuring collection of payments

·         Coordination for all speakers, including Keynotes
·         Assistance with special projects and other duties as needed

*Qualifications*
·         Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field (or equivalent
work experience)
·         2-4 years event planning or related experience, preferably in a
non-profit, association or service oriented organization
·         Ability to identify and solve problems creatively
·         Must be a self starter with strong attention to detail, project
management and organizational skills.
·         Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
·         Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
·         Ability to effectively interact and collaborate regularly with
NACCE staff, vendors, members and sponsors. Must maintain a commitment to
quality and customer focus
·         Possess essential computer skills including email, MS Office,
database and website management
·         Ability to travel

--
Jennifer Turner, MBA