[Hidden-tech] Verizon vs ATT smart phone coverage in the Valley

Andy andy at valinet.com
Fri Nov 11 20:18:27 EST 2011

Our family has five smart phones - 3 with AT&T and 2 with Verizon.  Here in
the Ashfield, Conway, Buckland area the Verizon phones are way, way better.
I get a strong 3G signal on my Verizon phone while my wife has to stand on a
certain part of the porch in order to send a text message via AT&T.  I can
receive calls and data anywhere in the house and yard with Verizon.  Not so
with the AT&T members of my household.

The three AT&T subscribers became AT&T subscribers in order to get an iPhone
back in the day when that was the only way to get an iPhone.  Once their
contracts are done, I suspect they will all be porting over to Verizon, the
service that seems to work best in these hill towns.

Andy Smith

Ashfield, MA