[Hidden-tech] Facebook Surprise Group Membership

Out For Reel LGBT Film Series OutForReelFilms at charter.net
Sun Nov 6 18:21:05 EST 2011

Hi H-T Folks,

Has this happened to you? I was made a member of a new Facebook group
by a FB friend without my permission. In the email notification I
received it stated that I could leave the group if I wanted to by
going to the group's page. Is this new that people can sign you up as
a member to a group without your permission? How is that possible? I
thought I had control over my Facebook account through my preferences.
Comments?

Also, I would like to hire a savvy Facebook expert for a consultation
(an expert who is well-versed in current FB policies, technical
problem-solving issues, and social media strategies). Please email me
offline. Thanks.

Jaime Michaels
Executive Producer/Director
Out! For Reel LGBT Film Series