[Hidden-tech] Which format to use in final cut for Feature Length documentary?

Tony Jillson stmix at birdwaves.com
Thu Nov 3 16:10:01 EDT 2011

HI,
We are starting a new video project. It's a documentary that may eventually be solicited for Theatrical release. At the very least it will be broadcast. We have a boatload of material in different formats. All the video is standard def, some in standard 4:3, some in 16:9. We'll be using lots of stills, and some licensed footage from stock libraries.

Does anyone have a recommendation on what format we should use?

We are using Final Cut Studio (not X).

Thanks,
Tony Jillson

Tony Jillson