[Hidden-tech] How to get news in a power outage

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Tue Nov 1 22:11:10 EDT 2011

At 5:21 AM -0700 11/1/11, Marcia Yudkin wrote:
>The radio was not as useful as I expected, however, because none of
>the stations I knew of had good, specific, timely information.
>WFCR, which is what I usually listen to, was practically useless.
>While memories are fresh, did anyone get specific outage-related
>information from any local radio station?

I happened to catch a nice ten-minute update on WMAS
94.something--especially helpful b/c they listed some open gas
stations and I happened to be driving fairly near one. But then they
went to music.

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/ shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html