[Hidden-tech] Can anyone help my mom with a spammy virus?

Shel Horowitz, Ethical/Green Marketing Expert shel at principledprofit.com
Tue May 17 22:41:49 EDT 2011

She writes:

At 11:30 PM +0000 5/17/11, gloyoshi at comcast.net wrote:
>A crazy thing is happning on my computer. I'm getting unasked for,
>full pages of graphic porn -- gay, s & M, etc, unasked and
>uninvited. It changes my browser to Firefox, also unasked for.
>what's going on and do I eliminate it?

She is on a Mac running OS 10.4. I believe her usual browser is
Safari. She's not very tech-savvy, but if anyone has a good idea to
try, I can try to help her through it.

Please Reply to All so she and I are both in the loop.

Thanks!

Shel Horowitz
Marketing consultant/copywriter, author, speaker, book shepherd
Affordable, ethical, effective marketing materials and strategies
"Reach Green, socially conscious consumers with
marketing that has THEM calling YOU"

Twitter (best way to reach): @shelhorowitz

Sign the Business Ethics Pledge - Help Change the World
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>

http://greenandprofitable.com/ http://guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Award-winning author of eight books. Latest:
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)
Blog on Green Marketing/Ethics/Politics:
http://greenandprofitable.com/shels-blog/