[Hidden-tech] unable to save Word and Publisher files in pdf format

Janis S. Gray jsgray at crocker.com
Wed May 11 10:49:20 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have Microsoft Office Small Business 2007. I originally was able to save
files as pdfs, but now when I try to do so, I receive messages denying me
the ability to do so.

In Publisher, it says "the file is locked because it is currently being used
by another program. Please close the other program, and then try opening or
importing the file again.

.         The file is open in another program

In Word, it says, "file is in use by another application or user."

I have rebooted, reinstalled the software, run diagnostics, checked to see
that I haven't denied myself access to anything, to no avail.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!